We are seeking an Intervention Specialist to join our team! You will educate students in one or more subjects at both primary and secondary levels in public schools.
- Works cooperatively with regular classroom teachers, interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students, assisting in classroom intervention strategies, modifying general education curricular as necessary, and assisting the student with regular class assignments.
- Communicates regularly with parents and professional staff regarding the educational, social, and personal needs of students.
- Assists the special education student in making a assessment of his/her abilities and in establishing educational and vocational occupational goals in keeping with these abilities.
- Participates as a member of the Student Concerns Team as directed by the building principal.
- Develops and implements an Individualized Educational Program of each child, complimentary to his/her educational strengths and needs as defined through the multi-factored evaluation and I.E.P. process, and Regular Education Curriculum.
- Completes necessary reports and record keeping as required by state and local policies and procedures.
- Participates in professional growth activities through staff development, in-service, workshops, and higher education.
- Previous experience in teaching or other educational fields
- Strong classroom management skills
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Certification Preferred
PCG Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Job
Back to Job Listings
- English Teacher
- Math Teacher